Saturday, January 26, 2013

Once you've ruined your reputation, you can live quite freely!

I have realized one truth since turning 40 two years ago.  I care way less than I ever have in my entire life.  That's not to say that I don't care about my family, or my career or the bills that come due each month.  I may actually care more about those things.  It the bull crap...the drama, if you will...that I no longer care about. If you are dramatic...stay away from me.  If you prefer to be a victim...no time for you. If, by chance, being around you feels like being pecked to death by a baby duck...I will no longer be taking your calls. Since turning 40, I have realized that life is short. I make time for the people who make time for me.  The rest...well...I'm sorry...maybe. When my son graduated from high school, most of my family elected to blow off not only graduation, but also the party afterwards. It scared me.  I walked around angry for weeks...maybe months.  But then I realized that the people who mattered were there.  The rest couldn't be bothered to make time for my child and that was a billboard stating just where I stood with them. In softball, they say you constantly need to be making adjustments based on the pitcher, the hitter, etc.  After I worked through the pain, I made my adjustments.  Life is much simpler.  I have clarity.  It is easy to say 'no'.
Yep...it's true what they say..."Once you hit 40, you just don't give a damn."

No comments:

Post a Comment