Sunday, March 2, 2014

Week One Recap...Day 7

They say new habits are formed over time. Some people believe it takes 21 days...some say more like 66 days (9.5 weeks).  I'm not sure which I believe, but I do believe it takes a while. I'm pretty much a creature of habit so changes (goods ones at least) don't always come easy for me.

With that being said, after 7 full days of making changes for a better me, I'm doing pretty good.  I've logged my food every single day in My Fitness Pal, even on days when it wasn't pretty (and one day was anything BUT pretty).  Even with the bad days, I've lost 6.2 lbs in the first week.  I'm so excited!  Oh I know this is just the tip of the proverbial iceberg, but it's a start and what I really needed right now was a start.
This week I've proven that I can plan and do great, and I can mess up a little (or maybe a lot) and I still do pretty darn good. I mean I ate a darn chocolate & hazelnut cream tart one day...and the same day I had a crazy, too heavy dinner. And today I ate at Olive Garden...and I ordered some crazy cheesy appetizer that no one else wanted so I had to eat it by myself. But I worked it out and staying within my calorie range.  I don't feel deprived. And I'm ready to hit it hard again tomorrow.

It's odd...I've done this weight loss thing over and over and over again.  It normally feels the same but this time it kinda feels different. I'm not quite sure why.  I've been thinking that maybe it's the inspiration of someone who has actually done it, and had the pictures to prove it.  Or maybe I'm just doing it for the right reasons this time.  Maybe it's because it's not all about 'looking' better as much as it is 'being' better. Or maybe it's because I'm keeping it real.  When I wanted a ridiculous tart, I got one...and I ate it...and then I moved on. I'm just taking this one day at a time, worrying about today and tomorrow and letting go of the past.

Things to note this week:

  • I'm still shooting for 2000 calories or less.  I'll change that as the weight loss decreases.
  • I didn't get in any exercise this week other than my walk last Sunday night.  I will try to do better, especially when the time changes!

So...in other news this week:

  •  My sister had a baby in the parking lot of Jack In The Box (more on that later).  
  • My son has started filling out applications to go back to school. 
  • My mom's home renovation is almost complete.  
  • My daughter is still playing softball (our first tourney is next week). 
  • My dog got neutered and microchipped.  
  • My marriage...well...it's peaceful (for the most part) but complicated.  
  • I'm seriously thinking of starting to "rescue and renew" old furniture to sell.
Tomorrow is a new day.  I will rejoice and be glad in it.



No comments:

Post a Comment