Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Snowmageddon, Spring Fever and the Winter Thunderstorm

Only in the Carolinas can you have the weather we have had over the last 7 days.  Last Tuesday, it snowed all day but didn't really stick.  Wednesday, it came upon a winter snow storm.  Then on Thursday, it snowed all day again, hence the term Snowmageddon.
 

When it was all said and done, we had 10 inches with larger drifts...the biggest snowstorm in our area since 2004.  By Saturday, I could get my car down the driveway (thank goodness I had backed in) but when I got home, I couldn't get back up. On Sunday, I could make it up the drive and by Monday, we were back to work. Tuesday and today...it was in the 70's.  You gotta love the south, y'all!  


Anyway, today was a miserable day because I was worn completely out. No motivation at all!  Why you ask?  Well, it all started with a 2am thunderstorm...which woke the kid...and the dog...and the husband...who decided to call in to work...and go to work early...which involved turning on the ceiling fan light in the bedroom...three times in a row...while I was attempting to sleep.  Need I say more?  So...by 3:30 I was trying to go back to sleep, which I did, but I don't think I ever quite got back into a good, restful, deep sleep.  Coffee couldn't fix that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment